In today's day and age, optimal usability and user experience are of enormous importance for websites, web applications and other software products. From the beginning of product development, various methods from the field of usability engineering assure that the user needs are placed at the center of development and that an optimal product emerges.
In this training, basic knowledge of usability engineering and user interface design are taught. The participants are given an understanding of different methods and their applications which are also practically applied in exercises.
Introduction to HCI/Usability
- What is usability
- User centered design
Basic User Interface Design Principles
- Basic user interface design principles
- User interface principles
- Design principles
- UX myths
Basic HCI Methods
- Heuristic evaluation
- Nielsen's Heuristics
- Cognitive walkthrough
- How "useable" is an existing system?
- Heuristic evaluation of a system/website
- How to get an interface starting from system requirements and use-cases?
- Creating paper mockups for a defined use-case