What information to include in a Service Desk Ticket
To spot your issue it is benefiting to include additional information to your Service Desk ticket. In this brief table we summarized facts you could add to your ticket. This will avoid round-trips of your ticket asking for additional information.
The various points are "if applicable" for your issue.
- Fabasoft product version and, where required, build number
- Environment (specify production environment, test or training enviromnent)
- Operating system and Service Pack level, also involves 3rd party software with exact version numbers
- Database system
- Description of the use-case (with screenshots when descriptive for your issue), and, if available, a reproduction szenario
- Eventlogs or message logs from your server(s)
- If available: Fabasoft app.telemetry data (in ZIP format)
- Involved documents and/or object information to your issue.
The following, not concluding table lists issue specific situations and the information that Fabasoft Support will likely request of your environment. Please describe your issue as exactly as possible. Add screenshots to support our understanding.
As investigation is a step by step procedure, in some cases the Fabasoft Support team will ask you for additional information. In such cases the Fabasoft product expert will guide you to excerpt the relevant information from your system.
|Error messages on Use-Cases||✓||✓||✓|
|"Access denied" messages||✓||✓|
|Unexpected behaviour of a Use-Case||✓||✓||✓|
|Issues with Conversion||✓||✓|
|Issues opening and editing documents (Plugin/Client)||✓||✓ 1||✓|
|Issue with specific Web Browser||✓|
|Connection issues (Web->Backend->Database)|
|Issues on Fulltext Search (Mindbreeze)||✓|
|Setup and Update related issues|
|Distributed Transactions (MSDTC, DTM)||✓ 2|
- Including any specififc error messages from the application or operating system
- Screenshots of the MS-DTC service configuration, including specifically the security settings
|Error messages on Use-Cases||✓ 1||✓||✓||✓|
|"Access denied" messages||✓||✓||✓|
|Unexpected behaviour of a Use-Case||✓ 1||✓||✓||✓|
|Issues with Conversion||✓ 8||✓ 2||✓|
|Issues opening and editing documents (Plugin/Client)||✓||✓|
|Issue with specific Web Browser||✓||✓ 7|
|Connection issues (Web->Backend->Database)||✓||✓ 6||✓||✓|
|Authentication issues||✓||✓ 5||✓||✓|
|Issues on Fulltext Search (Mindbreeze)||✓ 3||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Setup and Update related issues||✓||✓ 4||✓|
|Performance issues||✓ 6||✓ 7|
|Distributed Transactions (MSDTC, DTM)||✓||✓ 1||✓|
- Application and System event logs from the web server
- Application and System event logs from the conversion server
- Application and System event logs from the mindbreeze server
- Application and System event logs from the server where the error occured
- Application, Security and System event logs from the web server
- Application, Security and System event logs from the web, backend and database servers
- From the End-2-End log pool, which includes client telemetry
- Collected from conversion server
In situations where logs are requested:
- Please collect all logs of the issue of one appearance. Do not mix up different occurences at different times when collecting the logs.
- In the ticket message, please add a time stamp of the appearance as exact as possible.
- Please submit Windows Eventlogs in the .evt or .evtx format (Original or zipped). Please do not apply any filters to the logfiles when exporting.
- Please do not insert the content of logfiles into the text message, but upload the file to the ticket.
- If you want to upload multiple files, do not hesitate to create a ZIP, and upload a single ZIP file with all files.
Case Description Details
Approach for Reproduction
If available please provide a detailed list of instructions, with screenshots for each step if possible, for the reproduction of an error and include example documents if applicable.
Please provide a short description of what you expected of the use case and why you expect it to behave that way.
If the use case normally behaves like you expect it to, please include screenshots of an example of the expected result.
Screenshots of Related Objects
Please provide screenshots of the objects that have been, or should have been changed, by the use case, ensure to include any value of any property that is incorrect according to your expectation.
Screenshots of Application
Please create screenshots of any third party application that is related to the use case, take a special note of any error messages that these applications may provide.