Run "Synchronize Database Tables" after an update
After a Fabasoft Folio / Fabasoft eGov-Suite update, the Fabasoft Server management may display a warning " Database synchronization required for COO-Service ... " during the start of a service. These warnings are also written to the event log / system log of the backend servers.
In that case, synchronizing database tables is absolutely necessary.
Important: Ignoring this warning after an update can lead to data inconsistency.
After an update, pay additional attention to the backendserver event logs / system logs.
See the section Information for further details.
During the Fabasoft Folio update procedure, so-called Upgrade Definitions (also known as "CSV-Migration") is performed against the database. This migration process is used for example to change object classes, attributes and move property values (see the Information section of article Incompatible type 8 for further details about Upgrade Definitions).
After such changes the database configuration needs to be synchronized in some cases. The Fabasoft Folio COO-Service will warn the administrator if this is the case.
After your successful Fabasoft Folio / Fabasoft eGov-Suite update, restart all Fabasoft Folio backend services. Wait some minutes until the domain configuration thread of the Fabasoft Folio COO-Services has finished.
If the warning ( Database synchronization required for COO-Service ... ) appears, or if you can find it in the application event logs (Windows) / system logs (Linux) on one of the backend servers, perform the following steps:
- Shut down your kernel instances (web services, conversion services, AT, etcetera).
- In the Fabasoft Folio Server Managment on the backend server, navigate to Domains / .
- Right-click the Fabasoft Folio COO-Service which raised the warning and select All Tasks / Synchronize Database Tables .
- Your service will restart and synchronize the updated object model to the database. This step may take some time.
- Repeat the steps for all Fabasoft Folio COO-Services, which raised the warning (it is also possible to perform the task in the Fabasoft Folio Server Management for the whole domain).
- After the synchronization has finished, check the event log / system log again. If the message is thrown again, retry the steps above.
- If the event log / system log message is still thrown, please contact Fabasoft Support for assistance.