Fabasoft found an issue in the MMC cleanup functionality in Fabasoft Folio/eGov Suite 2020 and 2021 that may delete content from MMC Service areas that should not be deleted.
The issue occours if foreign files are placed to the MMC Service areas. The MMC Service areas are only managed by Fabasoft Folio, no foreign files (files not created by Fabasoft Folio) should be placed there.
A hotfix for this issue is available. See the Solutions section.
The MMC-Service cleanup functionality may delete files in the MMC-Service area if the following conditions occur:
- The MMC Service area is of type CAS (Content Addressed Storage).
- A "foreign" file (a file not created by Fabasoft Folio) ist placed into the hash based file structure of CAS.
- The Fabasoft Folio functionality "Cleanup of MMC Service areas" is called by the fscadmin tool or an expression.
If this conditions apply, the "foreign" file disorganizes the cleanup algorithm and can lead to the deletion of many files in a CAS top-level folder.
How to identify if your system may be affected
The issue only may occour with Fabasoft Folio/eGov-Suite 2020 and 2021, and only with Content Addressed Storage (CAS). Other versions and storage types are not affected.
To identify the issue, strfind or grep your MMC cleanup logfiles for this message:
File 'path to foreign file' will not be removed because the length of the hash is invalid
If you have such messages with cleanup runs with Folio 2020/2021, you likely may be affected.
Keep in mind, that you may be only affected, if the cleanup procedure was done with Folio 2020/2021, but not with earlier versions.
Fabasoft will provide a hotfix to correct this issue for Fabasoft Folio/eGov-Suite 2020 and 2021. Versions below 2020 are not affected.
The hotfix requires the replacement of the coomk.dll / libcoomk.so at least at the systems the cleanup is executed from. The hotfix package will include the full COOSYSTEM component, that contains the coomk.dll / libcoomk.so file for your operating system.
The issue is fixed within the following versions and build numbers:
- Fabasoft Folio/eGov-Suite 2020 Update Rollup 1 (build 188.8.131.52 and above)
- Fabasoft Folio/eGov-Suite 2020 Update Rollup 2 (build 184.108.40.206 and above)
- Fabasoft Folio/eGov-Suite 2020 Update Rollup 3 (build 220.127.116.11 and above)
- Fabasoft Folio/eGov-Suite 2020 Update Rollup 4 (build 18.104.22.168 and above)
- Fabasoft Folio/eGov-Suite 2021 (build 22.214.171.1244 and above)
- and all Fabasoft Folio/eGov-Suite versions and Update Rollups above.
- Fabasoft Folio/eGov-Suite 2019 and below is not affected by the issue
If you have an installation kit equal or above the mentioned build number, the hotfix is already included with your installation kit. You don't need to request the hotfix.
For installation kits that are below the mentioned build numbers:
For Fabasoft Support customers, please open a ticket including your exact Fabasoft Folio / Fabasoft eGov-Suite version (including build number).
For Fabasoft customers without active Fabasoft Support contract, please contact Fabasoft Support via e-mail including the mentioned information.
Before you have installed the hotfix
Fabasoft recommends to temporary disable the MMC Service area cleanup functionality until the hotfix is installed in your environment.