How to change the Mindbreeze service user
This article provides an overview of the required steps for changing the Mindbreeze service user while keeping the current Mindbreeze configuration.
Requirements for the new service user:
- User must be trusted for delegation.
- The Service Principal Names (SPN) for the new service user must be set.
(Note: When setting the SPN´s for the new service user, the SPN´s of the previous service user must be deleted)
- The service user must be a local administrator.
Further informations about accomplishing these settings can be found in these Mindbreeze white papers:
- "Documentation - Windows" (Chapter 9.1 - 9.2)
- "Documentation - Linux" (Chapter 5).
These white papers are located in the installkit at \Setups\Additions.
After checking the prerequisites for the new Mindbreeze service user follow these steps:
- Move to the user directory of the current Mindbreeze service user. Create a Backup of the Mindbreeze directory located at %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming
- Open the run prompt and enter "services.msc".
- Move to the service "Mindbreeze Management Node" and open the properties.
- Change the user in the tab "Log on" to the new Mindbreeze service user.
- Perform the same steps for the "Mindbreeze Node" service.
- Copy the previously backed up Mindbreeze directory to the new Mindbreeze service users user profile.
- Restart the Mindbreeze services. (Mesnode and Mesmaster)
- Fabasoft Mindbreeze (all versions)