EU Cloud Code of Conduct, Level 3
Fabasoft is the first company in the world to reach the third and highest compliance level (Level 3) of the new EU Cloud Code of Conduct. The EU Cloud Code of Conduct (CoC) is a comprehensive code of conduct for the European cloud industry and gives top priority to consistently uniform enforcement of European data protection standards based on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The EU Cloud Code of Conduct – in a nutshell
- Covers the full spectrum of cloud services: software (SaaS) and platform (PaaS) as well as infrastructure (IaaS).
- Has an independent governance structure to deal with compliance as well as an independent monitoring body, SCOPE Europe, which scrutinizes cloud services which sign up to the Code and monitors services that are certified in the Code – a requirement of GDPR.
- Invites Cloud Service Providers of all sizes and from all cloud sectors to join: there are different membership options, depending on CSP’s interests. Once a member, CSP’s can declare Cloud Services adherent to the Code, committing to rigorous data protection safeguards
- Is the only Code drafted together with authorities of the European Union: the Code was developed by the Cloud Select Industry Group (Data Protection Code of Conduct Subgroup) convened by the European Commission under the auspices of DG Connect and with the involvement and advice of DG Justice. Development of the Code was further informed by input from the Article 29 Working Party.
The EU Cloud CoC has emerged over the past eight years as part of a unique collaboration between EU authorities and the European platform industry. From the outset, Fabasoft assumed an active role, contributing significantly to the success of this initiative.
* EU Cloud CoC Verification-ID: 2021LVL03SCOPE016