The vision of a paper-free office is as old as the first IBM PC that fitted onto a regular desk but we're still chasing that dream. The rules and regulations governing the storage of business records, invoices, contracts, documentation for accounts and financial records are partly to blame for this. Time limits legally required for storage vary from a few years to eternity and beyond.
Fabasoft Folio is a huge step forward, as audit-proof electronic storage eliminates the costs and space requirements needed for hard-copy storage.
The PricewaterhouseCoopers auditors worked according to a checklist. Some of the most important points, which were naturally found to be without faults, were:
- Data access. Already in the course of the ISAE 3402 Type 2 test, virtual and physical access restrictions were thoroughly checked and found to be sufficient. Client data is safe from prying eyes.
- Data cannot be amended retrospectively.
- Relevant documents cannot be deleted before the time limit expires not even by Fabasoft administrators.
- The trail from paper to electronic storage is sufficently secured.
- All legal requirements are met.