Automatic version because of a newer content on the server
This arcticle describes the common behaviour of different Fabasoft Folio Versions of the following usecase.
- User A opens a document.
- User A looses the connection to Fabasoft Folio. (for example, due to network issues, hibernation, change of location etc.)
- Because the plugin is not able to refresh the object lock, the previously opened object is unlocked after 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, user B opens the document from the server and saves changes back to the server.
- User A regains the connection. He also performed changes in the document.
- As soon as User A saves the document, the plugin uploads user A 's document, notices that the document was also changed by user B and creates an automatic version of the document of user B (because user B's document is older than user A's). User A is informed that the system created a version of another change on the server.
- The document created by user A is now the latest version of the object.
Behaviour in Fabasoft Folio 2012
In Fabasoft Folio 2012 the plugin runs in the context of the web browser. As soon as the browser is closed the plugin is neither able to perform the object lock nor to upload the document. As soon as a webbrowser is opened the connection can be established again and the document is able to be uploaded. Same occurs if the network connection is temporarily lost.
Behaviour in Fabasoft Folio 2013 and above
In Fabasoft Folio 2013 and higher the plugin runs in the context of its own process. Therefore the use case described above can only occur if the the network connection is lost. As soon as the network connection can be established again the plugin is going to upload the document.
- Fabasoft Folio 2012 (and above)