FAQ related to Fabasoft Folio Plug-In / Client usage
The following article describes summarized solution possibilities to frequent customer questions related to Fabasoft Folio Plug-In / Client usage.
1) Folio Plug-In is installed but content objects won't open inside the related editing application.
- Please open the local registry and try to find the related Fabasoft Keys under :
Those keys are usually written once the Plug-In is installed and additionally synced with your domain the first time you log in with your credentials. If the Registry Keys are missing that could indicate a possible problem with permissions.Double check if the necessary rights are given in order for the Registry Keys to be written by the involved user.
- Please check the valid MAPI-Configuration (COOMAPI@1.1:MAPIConfiguration) for your domain and make sure the setting for “Host and Root URL for HTML Mail” is equal to the browser domain.
- Please check if all the necessary settings related to Browser-Plugin interaction are correctly set. Those issues are usually indicated and described by a yellow triangle within your account area.
For example, make sure that the browser domain is listed within the Local Intranet or Trusted sites inside Internet Explorer.
2) Only certain content object don`t open and the error message "To open the document install an associated third party application" is displayed.
- Please make sure the related third party application is installed and mapped to the object in question. To verify (assuming a windows environment) the object mapping download it to your local file system, right click on the object and open properties. Inspect the "Opens with" element and make sure that the correct application is specified. For example "Word" for "Microsoft Office Word" objects.
3) Folio Plug-In is installed and content objects can be opened but the “Fabasoft Folio” Add-In within Microsoft Word can't be activated.
- Please make sure that you have opened at least one Microsoft Office Word content object from Fabasoft Folio before usage.
- Please open the local registry and try to find the related Fabasoft Key which controls the Add-In Activation under:
Please make sure that the “Loadbehaviour” value is set to “3” which stand for activated.
- If the Key is set correctly but the Add-In still does not load please remove the Add-In from within Microsoft Office Word by selecting “File” and click “Options”. In the dialog box, click “Add-Ins”, select “COM Add-Ins” in the Manage drop-down list box and click “Go”. In the dialog box that is opened, select “Fabasoft Folio” and click “Remove”.
Now try to add the Add-In manually by clicking Add from within the same dialog box and select “axFabasoftFolio64.dll” from:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Fabasoft\Folio\Client\x64”
Please note that this path can vary based on your OS
4) Content objects remain locked.
- Try to open the locked content object and then wait about eight minutes. If the object is not being edited anymore the lock should be release by then.
- Please make sure that the content object in question is not being edited or left open from an alternative Workstation. Content object locks persist till the object in question is fully closed from within the editing application.
- In certain rare occasions it can happen that the content object remains "stuck" in the "ActiveDocuments" registry key which is responsible for sending out the lock refresh and keeping the lock persistence. Please close all open browser instances and the Fabasoft Folio Plug-In / Client on the related user workstation. Open the registry and navigate to the following key:
The content object entries are included in the sub keys identified by file0, file1, file2 and so on. Try to identify which sub key holds the locked object and delete it. The lock should be released afterwards.