Recovery Mode for a Fabasoft Domain
When there is a problem with the Fabasoft Folio Domain Transaction Log, it is possible to start the Fabasoft domain into Recovery Mode in order to clear this log.
In the case of a miss-configuration between the Fabasoft Folio Backendservices and the database services, it is possible that transactions in the Fabasoft Domain neither cannot be executed nor reverted and therefore stay in the distributed transaction log.
Such issue can be fixed by creating a consistent state and clearing the open transactions on both the Fabasoft Folio and database side.
Warning: Please be advised that it is imperative that a consistent domain state is achieved before taking this action. Otherwise data-loss may occur!
Warning: Please consider that the solutions provided below require a complete domain restart!
Warning: Please be advised that all uncommitted transactions will be discarded during this guide. This may lead to data loss!
Clearing all domain transactions
- Stop all COO-services of the affected domain.
Note: Before stopping the COO-services ensure that all kernel instances have been stopped.
- Start all COO-services into recovery mode in order to clear all DTM-logs .
- Once again stop all COO-services
- Check if there are any pending transactions left on the database.
- If there are any transactions left, execute a rollback according to the database documentation
- Restart all stopped COO-services in normal mode
- Restart the stopped kernel instances and thoroughly test the domain
For detailed Information on recovery mode and Oracle Databases please see our other knowledge-base articles
- Distributed transaction timeouts using Oracle
- Troubleshooting: DTM cannot establish a connection to Oracle XA-Service
- Oracle: lock held by in-doubt distributed transaction
- Fabasoft Folio Help 5.2 Recovery Mode
- Fabasoft Folio (all versions)
- Fabasoft eGov-suite (all versions)